Music has always played an important part in funeral and memorial services. Today, perhaps, more than ever as services are increasingly about celebrating a life. So, while hymns remain important, they are today joined more and more by favourite personal choices of either classical pieces or popular songs that perhaps evoke happy memories.
Here are a selection of the most popular choices played at South Leicestershire Memorial Park & Crematorium:
- Always look on the bright side of life ( Monty Pythons 1983 )
- Angels (Robbie Williams)
- Over the rainbow (Eva Cassidy)
- Match of the Day theme (Theme Tune)
- My Way (Frank Sinatra)
- The lords my Shepherd (Psalm 23/Crimond)
- Abide with me (Traditional)
- All things bright and beautiful (Traditional)
- How Great Thou Art (Traditional)
- Amazing Grace (Traditional)
- Enigma (Elgar)
- Cannon in D (Pachelbel)
- Time to say goodbye (Sarah Brightman & Andrea Bochelli/Katherine Jenkins)
- Four Seasons (Vivaldi)
- Ave Maria (Schubert)
We regularly publish our “Chapel Attendant’s Choice” to our Facebook page, why not take a look and have a listen:
We use the Obitus media system to provide a wide-ranging choice of popular and classical songs and music. Many of these choices are already held in our music library at the Crematorium, and you can search and listen to 30-second samples of all this music on the Obitus website.
- Select “Music Library” or “Hymn Library”
- Enter the password “Memoria”
- Enter the title and/or and select “Search”
If we do not already have your preferred music, please contact your funeral director who can place a special order with Obitus for you.
We can also provide a recording of the complete service on audio CD, or with visuals on a DVD, Blu-ray or USB memory stick.